I’m a designer, writer, and showrunner currently working at Fidelity Investments. There, I help Fidelity’s customers make confident financial decisions through digital experiences. I use clean layouts and direct language to create solutions built for humans.
Read more about my professional experience below or download my resumé.
Hosting & writing
I have created and hosted several podcasts.
- I write and voice short fiction at Two Minute Stories. Listen on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
- I host The Season, a show that dives deep into the stories, numbers, and significance behind history’s most transcendent seasons by individual athletes
- I cohost Gametime, which discusses ESPN’s 2020 documentary series The Last Dance about the 1990s Chicago Bulls.
- I host I Am Not My A Number at Fidelity Investments where I interview fellow designers about their creative ventures. This show is only available to Fidelity Associates.
- I formerly cohosted The Design Game, a show about the critical role of design in sports.
I’ve published two books on the Kindle platform that collect many of the tales from Two Minute Stories.
- Train to Nowhere collects the first 100 tales from the Two Minute Stories podcast
- Absolutely Nothing collects three miniseries stories from the Two Minute Stories podcast
When I’m not helping Fidelity’s customers or hosting shows, I’m likely to be found on a golf course, a basketball court, or playing cribbage.
I’m also a proud alum of the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.
Over the years, I’ve had the pleasure of working with clients such as Fidelity Investments, EMC, Harvard University, Amazon, AT&T, Walmart, Jabil, Natixis, AG Mednet, and Ocean Thermal Energy Corporation.
March 2015 – Present | Fidelity | Boston, MA | Chapter Lead, UX Design
- Leading team of designers to solve customer problems that impact business
- Responsible for hiring and developing design talent
- Leading design strategy for multiple cross-functional teams
- Crafting and delivering visual design on new and existing products
- Partner with business leaders to drive change and increase business
August 2014 – February 2015 | Simply Interactive | Boston, MA | Head of User Interface & Design
- Senior solo role, responsible for all interactive UI and design
- Worked closely with development and studio teams on integrated projects
- Developed design concepts and documentation for interactive assignments
February 2008 – July 2014 | HB | Newton, MA | Interactive Strategist
- Set strategy and designed dozens of projects across several media
- Responsible for project management, direct client correspondence, and scriptwriting
- Improved web presence for internal and external websites
- Became company leader in web development and content management system implementation
- Continued to develop HTML, CSS, and UI skills
December 2005 – January 2008 | PartyLite | Plymouth, MA | Graphic Designer
- Responsible for designing multiple projects including monthly magazine
- Created well-designed pieces including frequent photo re-touching
- Designed multiple mailings and brochures for consultants
- Vastly improved print and web design skills
April 2005 – Nov. 2005 | OpenEye Communications | Brewster, MA | Graphic Designer
- Main designer for N Magazine, a lifestyle magazine on Nantucket
- Responsible for preparing files for printers
- Helped edit projects, including brochures and advertisements
- Further improved layout and typography skills
Syracuse University, Class of 2004
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- B.S., Graphic Arts
- Final GPA: 3.604; Magna Cum Laude
Skills & Software
- Sketch, Figma, Axure
- Visual Studio Code, HTML, and CSS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Apple podcasting workflow
- Microsoft Office
- Mac and PC proficient