Welcome to JRHcreative – the world of Justin Hastings.
Justin designs digital experiences to solve client challenges. He uses clean layouts and direct language to create experiences built for humans.
Justin cohosts “The Design Game,” a podcast about the critical role of design in sports. Away from work, Justin can be found on a golf course, reading the latest Batman graphic novel, or playing cribbage.
He is a proud alum of the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.
Read Justin’s resumé below or you can download a PDF.
Justin has had the pleasure of working with clients such as EMC, Harvard University, Amazon, AT&T, Walmart, Jabil, Natixis, AG Mednet, and Ocean Thermal Energy Corporation.
March 2015 – Present | Fidelity | Boston, MA | Visual Designer
- Crafting and delivering visual design on new and existing products
- Responsible for carrying the Fidelity design language through all work and explaining to partners
- Team with creative directors, design leads, and IAs to solve customer-centric problems
- Pair with user researchers to understand customer challenges
August 2014 – February 2015 | Simply Interactive | Boston, MA | Head of User Interface & Design
- Senior solo role, responsible for all interactive UI and design
- Worked closely with development and studio teams on integrated projects
- Developed design concepts and documentation for interactive assignments
February 2008 – July 2014 | HB | Newton, MA | Interactive Strategist
- Set strategy and designed dozens of projects across several media
- Responsible for project management, direct client correspondence, and scriptwriting
- Improved web presence for internal and external websites
- Became company leader in web development and content management system implementation
- Continued to develop HTML, CSS, and UI skills
December 2005 – January 2008 | PartyLite | Plymouth, MA | Graphic Designer
- Responsible for designing multiple projects including monthly magazine
- Created well-designed pieces including frequent photo re-touching
- Designed multiple mailings and brochures for consultants
- Vastly improved print and web design skills
April 2005 – Nov. 2005 | OpenEye Communications | Brewster, MA | Graphic Designer
- Main designer for N Magazine, a lifestyle magazine on Nantucket
- Responsible for preparing files for printers
- Helped edit projects, including brochures and advertisements
- Further improved layout and typography skills
Syracuse University, Class of 2004
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- B.S., Graphic Arts
- Final GPA: 3.604; Magna Cum Laude
- HTML and CSS
- WordPress and Contao CMS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Dreamweaver and Flash
- iTunes Podcasting Workflow
- Apple iLife and OS X
- Final Cut Studio
- Microsoft Office
- Mac and PC Proficient